Saturday, April 17, 2010

30 days, 30 plays

Most of the Early Modernists among my readers probably already read Fretful Porpentine's blog, but anyone who doesn't should mosey over there, where she's been blogging one Shakespeare play a day, in honor of National Poetry month. The posts aren't meant to be comprehensive, or as first introductions to the plays for someone who hasn't already read them--but they're the smart, charming, personal reactions of someone who loves Shakespeare and reads him deeply. I think each post has pointed me to at least one new reading, or forced me to linger longer over at least one passage, even in plays I know well.

So hurry! The month's already half over!

3 comments:

Doctor Cleveland said...

Thanks for the tip! It looks great!

Fretful Porpentine said...

Thanks for the plug, Flavia! Glad you're enjoying it.

Bardiac said...

They're really delightful posts!