Thursday, December 14, 2006

Planes, trains, and buses!

Tomorrow I leave on the first leg of my holiday travels. This is the schedule:

Dec. 15: Take the crappy city bus to the airport, lugging my suitcase through a transfer. Fly to Northwest City. Spend 10 days with the fam.

Dec. 26: Fly from Northwest City back to This City. Spend 12-15 hours frantically unpacking, repacking, and just possibly sleeping.

Dec. 27: Take Amtrak from This City to Philadelphia for the MLA. (And no, I don't live a reasonable train ride from Philadelphia. It's going to involve transfers and it's going to be hellacious. But training was half the price of flying, and at least there'll be an outlet for my laptop.) Spend 3.5 days in Philly, schmoozing and meeting some real life and some bloggy friends.

Dec. 30: Take the slow-ass commuter rail from Philly to NYC. Have nightmarish flashbacks the entire time. Spend two weeks in Manhattan housesitting for Victoria, skulking around the NYPL, and catching up with friends.

Jan. 10: Here's where my plans get hazy. I'll be leaving NYC around this date--but am I taking the train (or Greyhound) to Quaint Smallish City for several days? Am I flying home and having George Washington Boyfriend come visit me? At any rate, I'll be back in This City no later than Jan 16th. Classes start again on the 23nd.

Here's to living out of a suitcase~~

8 comments:

Professor B said...

Lucky you! My final is tomorrow, entailing a day/weekend of grading, depending on how bad they are, and we start again on the 8th!

Enjoy your holiday though - sounds like you've had a busy semester! :-)

Ianqui said...

Hey, lemme know if you want to try again for coffee this time. I'll be away Jan 1-6, but otherwise around.

Flavia said...

Ianqui: Totally! I was actually planning on sending you an email. Maybe Jan 7 or 8?

Anonymous said...

wow, that is a lot of travelling, but it does sound fun!

Anonymous said...

Travel safely!

Anonymous said...

Goodness, what a winter break! Traveling mercies to you, and have a lovely time at each of your destinations.

Anonymous said...

Wow, didn't know you were going to New York, too.

I look forward to seeing you just as soon as I can sneak out of town...

-scr

Ianqui said...

Flavia, either of those days should be fine. I think we're bringing a computer on our trip, so we can just try to set a time/place closer to that week.