Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Random Bullets of Ugh

Ugh the first: I know that I'm the last person on earth to catch this heat wave--and that it's not as bad here as it is in many places--but it's pretty hideous all the same. We didn't quite hit 100 degrees today, as we were predicted to do, but still broke all kinds of local records and are looking at more of the same tomorrow. And for a double ugh: the coffee shop that I elected to camp out in today turned out to have only minimally functional A/C. I came home and sat in a cool bath for an hour, which was a 3000% improvement.

Ugh the second: Bloglines seems to have lost contact with my Atom sitefeed and hasn't registered my last few posts. I've signed up with Feedburner, but in the meanwhile I appear to be talking largely to myself. Not that that's anything new.

Ugh the third: How, exactly, am I supposed to live for seven more weeks without a paycheque--and for nine without medical coverage?? (Very carefully, I guess.)

4 comments:

Hilaire said...

Ugh, indeed!! I know, the heat - it's record-breaking where I am, too...And I don't know about you, but I find the incessant talking about the heat on the news does *not* help one bit. Anyway, yesterday I thoroughly enjoyed using the tip you gave me about the feet in the pan of cold water...I just sat around and read like that for hours.

Wegie said...

Credit cards and looking very carefully before you cross the road?

jo(e) said...

Feet in pan of cold water ... oh, that sounds good.

I don't even remember what I came here to say because I am rushing off to get a pan of cold water ....

Wegie said...

You guys can have our weather (please, please have our weather). After a couple of weeks of record temps we've reverted to normal. To use the English vernacular, it's absolutely widdling down over here and today's high was 71 (it's currently fifty-something and getting colder and wetter by the minute).