Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Very good news

Today, George Washington Boyfriend was awarded tenure at Atypical College.*

Time for champagne! (By which I mean, more champagne.)


-------------------------------

*Now might be a good time to clear up what seems to be a rampant misconception among my readers: GWB does not, in fact, teach at George Washington University, but rather at an institution far more. . . atypical. He bears that pseudonym because he's an Early Americanist (think of George Washington Irving or George Washington Carver, and you'll see what I was going for).

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to him!

Tiruncula said...

Huzzah!

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

Hurray! Congratulations!

RageyOne said...

Yay!

Dr. Virago said...

Hip hip hooray! Hats in the air! Huzzah!

And thanks for explaining the origin of GWB's pseudonym. I knew he wasn't at GWU, but I didn't know the rest.

Ancarett said...

Hearty congratulations to GWB and thanks for clearing that up. I assumed he was at GWU but I wasn't sure where the pseudonym originated.

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for GWB! Please pass my congratulations on to him.

Anonymous said...

yay! congrats to GWB!

Courtney said...

George Washington Carver? You mean the guy who carved up George Washington?

Anonymous said...

Yes, the booze, the good stuff, and it flows here plenty.

Unknown said...

Hey - congrats to GWB! Hope you guys are celebrating big time - I remember when I thought he taught at GWU... :)

dhawhee said...

Yay! Pass the sparkly!

Another Damned Medievalist said...

e