Saturday, October 07, 2006

Is that a good thing?

The other day I wound up walking out to the parking lot with another young faculty member, and in the course of chatting about this and that, he said, "So, it sounds like your Brit Lit I class is going really well!"

"Uh. . . yeah." I said. "I love teaching that survey. But, uh. . . where did you hear that it was going so well?"

"Oh, we must have a lot of the same students," he said, "because I always hear them talking about your class. One of them said that your Chaucer gives her goosebumps."

7 comments:

Unknown said...

goosebumps = good!
saucefleem = bad! :)

I think that's a nice compliment!

lucyrain said...

Of course it is, darling!

Anonymous said...

definitely a good thing!

Margaret said...

Not just good, it's a wonderful thing!

Flavia said...

MW: Ooh, maybe I'll try that, next time. (Except--can you *give* someone saucefleem? Or do so in any manner other than an excessively intimate one? Because I think I'd better not go there.)

Pamphilia said...

A very very good thing.

I wish my chaucer did that, but it doesn't. I don't even sound like an elf. (Our resident Chaucerian in grad school was known far and wide for his "elf voice"). Just an out-of-place early modernist.

Anonymous said...

Podcast! Podcast!