Thursday, January 06, 2011

MLALA: Arrival

My morning went like this:

    -Got up at 5.15 a.m.

    -Felt strange stomach pains, which reminded me of nothing so much as the time I had an attack of diverticulitis. Panicked for an hour.

    -Headed to the airport, en route to which my stomach pains went away.

    -Got on plane

    -Read the LRB while waiting for the plane to finish boarding.

    -Found I couldn't read clearly. Identified wonkiness in field of vision as the sign of an incipient migraine.

    -Panicked for 45 minutes, waiting for the migraine to set in.

    -Acquired an extremely mild headache, and went back to reading

    -Arrived in L.A.


Unlike many people, I love MLA. But perhaps my body, knowing the abuse it would be subjected to, was protesting?

Sorry, body. You can take it.

No comments: