Friday, May 21, 2010

Cultic studies

I've compared conferences to sleep-away camp before, but this weekend I'm heading out for a conference that might better be described as a retreat: it's a small, intensive, week-long seminar dedicated to Advanced Flavia Studies. We've been assigned an enormous stack of reading materials, will be in session for seven hours a day, and all the participants are being housed in adjoining B&Bs and are taking almost all our meals together.

Okay: it might actually be a cult. But I think it'll be awesome. I hope it will be awesome. If not, I may need to find a new area of study.

No blogging until I return. Be good, peeps.

3 comments:

Annie Em said...

Like an NEH workshop? Sounds fabulous. Have a grand time, Flavia.

Renaissance Girl said...

Sounds fantastic. Makes me want to get all cultic too.

medieval woman said...

Ooo, I did something like this two years ago! It was AWESOME - enjoy Flavia Camp...