- I got to see my grandmother, who's very weak, but not in any pain. It was lovely to see how much she's meant to so many people: she's 88 and has hordes of friends and family members trooping in to visit her week after week.
- Cosimo met my folks. Nothing disastrous happened, at least to my knowledge.
- I saw my brother, albeit all too briefly, as he was down from SF for a couple of weddings (neither of them his).
- Attending July 4th fireworks in La Jolla, followed by drinks and a late dinner at a bar overlooking the ocean.
- Seeing this awesome production of Coriolanus. I'm now officially a Darko Tresnjak groupie.
- Spending a long day L.A. with Cosimo's brother and his brother's girlfriend, who live on Sunset. We drove around the hills, spent hours on the beach in Santa Monica and Venice, and stopped in at a club where Cosimo's brother--a comedy writer and occasional performer--got some open-mike time.
- I'm a wee bit tan.
- I wouldn't mind living in California. But right now I'm damn glad to be teaching in my own state system, and not California's.