- The gorgeous weather we've been having: sunny and breezy with temperatures in the 70s and 80s.
- Relatedly: margaritas; bars with outdoor seating; beloved former student/bartenders who decide they're not freaked out by seeing you and another of their former professors out drinking, and send over a round of tequila shots.
- Finally dragging my over-the-visor CD holder out of the car, emptying it of everything I'm sick of listening to and loading it back up with music I haven't even thought of in ages. How could I have forgetten about David Bowie? Or Parliament?
- Deciding not to worry about whether spending my entire 30-minute commute with "Suffragette City" on continuous repeat makes me a bad feminist.
- On Thursday I'm off for a long weekend in NYC.
- This trip was originally timed so I could catch Theatre for a New Audience's Antony and Cleopatra before it closed--but somewhere along the line I also wound up getting tickets to see the Patrick Stewart Macbeth. Insanely, I'm now wondering whether I couldn't squeeze in Top Girls, too.
- There are three weeks of classes left. I wish it were two, or one--but three might just be doable.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Lately, I've been in a good mood. Reasons for this include: