Sunday, November 19, 2006

How awesome is this?

I just got an email out of the blue from the editor at Big Journal in My Field, which published, about a year ago, my most significant article to date. The editor was inquiring as to my interest in reviewing a submission they'd just received, which would have been cool enough on its own--but according to his email this submission "cites your own work on the topic, your essay in [Journal], as the point of departure and framework for [the author's] methodology."

As George Washington Boyfriend pointed out, what this probably means is that the author is violently attacking my article and its argument. But so what? Right now, I'm just excited to learn that someone actually read the thing and had some kind of reaction to it--not to mention that I apparently have a methodology! Who knew?

11 comments:

Nik said...

On a Sunday? It makes my obsessive/compulsive email checking on a Sunday night a little bit less ridiculous.
Congratulations!

Dr. Crazy said...

Awesome! How exciting that you have a methodology! And that others take issue with it!

Hilaire said...

That is great!!! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

none of my 2 meager pubs were ever cited at all, so... yay for being attacked!

Tiruncula said...

Coolness! I think you're the first person I've ever known personally who had a methodology.

RageyOne said...

Wonderful! Congrats!

Horace said...

I'd love some day to say that I was taking a Flavian approach to a text (or applying Ferulian theory? A Fescuvian methodology?). That rocks.

Hieronimo said...

nothing beats being violently attacked for making a career. cool. let us know (as far as you can) whether it is indeed violent and attackful.

Breena Ronan said...

Yay! You must have said something important!

Chaser said...

wooo wooo!!

Unknown said...

Holy shit, you're cross-referenced! You're a point of departure!

Can that go on your CV?

many congrats