Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Just when I'm trying to convince myself that my new project is going somewhere. . .

The fabulous panel for which I'd proposed a (necessarily) fabulous paper just got rejected for next year's RSA, which I was so looking forward to attending. And I'd been so delighted to have been accepted as part of the initial proposal! I guess having a well-known scholar as the panel's organizer really doesn't ensure acceptance.

Well. Time to shop this material around somewhere else.

2 comments:

Hilaire said...

Oh, that's too bad! It's hard not to take these decisions personally. But I'll bet you'll find an even more fabulous place to take your paper.

Unknown said...

Sorry about the conference! I know you'll find a better panel...

And thanks for your "get the heck off the edge" comment to my last post - I didn't know you were at the same stage! I must say that it makes me feel slightly better that there's another person trying to get back on the horse and having a tough time.

Once again, into the fray....